Re: Microsoft Query

From: Joel R. Kallman <jkallman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 12:10:47 GMT

[Quoted] On 25 Jun 1998 12:31:58 EDT, ait_at_concentric.net (JEFFKISH) wrote:

>I find Microsoft Query a very useful tool. Does anyone else?
>Unfortunately, recently for some unknown reason I lost my ability to
>connect it to my Oracle database. I had been using ODBC 2.0 and
>upgraded to ODBC 2.5, but the situation did not change. I am able to
>connect and query successfully via ODBC TEST.
>
>When I try to connect I get a message box saying:
>caption: Microsoft Query
>body: ORA-01017:invalid username/password; logon denied.
> Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed.

What version of the database and Oracle ODBC driver are you using? I [Quoted] just successfully set up a new query in MS Query using Microsoft Excel 97 to an Oracle8 database using the Oracle-supplied ODBC driver, version 8.0.4.3.0. As well, I tried this same test using the Microsoft ODBC for Oracle driver, version 2.73.715700. Bot of these worked just fine.

Your problem might be your change in the driver manager. Even though the ODBC driver manager should accomodate older ODBC drivers, this sometimes can get a little flaky.

Hope this helps.

>Next question is, is there another tool I could use to replace
>Microsoft query? I tried Borland(Inprise) database explorer but can't
>seem to thet the log memo fields displayed.
>
>Thanks so much for any assistance,
>Jeff Kish
>ait_at_concentric.net

Thanks!

Joel

Joel R. Kallman Oracle Government, Education, & Health

Columbus, OH                             http://govt.us.oracle.com
jkallman_at_us.oracle.com                   http://www.oracle.com

The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation. Received on Fri Jun 26 1998 - 14:10:47 CEST

Original text of this message