Re: ON-LOGON trigger

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Sun, 31 May 1998 13:26:54 GMT

A copy of this was sent to "Dave S" <DS_at_nospam.com> (if that email address didn't require changing) On Sat, 30 May 1998 22:28:20 -0400, you wrote:

>Hi Tom ! Nice to hear from you again.
>
>I guess that I didn't make my message clear. I don't want to select the
>Oracle user (the user name once logged in "Myvar := user;"), I wanted to get
>the username that is used to log into the client.
>
>For instance, our windows menuing program has gives you the ability to user
>'%name%' variable on the command line to launch an application. So we
>could do something like f50run32 <myform> %name%/<<some password>>_at_live.
>
>What I am trying to do is to just run f50run32 <myform> on the command line.
>Then the on-insert trigger would find out the username (i.e. the %name% that
>was used on the command line) then do an autoconnect to the database with a
>password that would be imbeded into the form.
>
>Any ideas???
>
>Dave
>
>Thomas Kyte wrote...
[snip]

>>You can also use get_application_property() to get the information typed in
>upon
>>logon.

try get_application_property()

>>Thomas Kyte

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Government
Herndon VA

Anti-Anti Spam Msg: if you want an answer emailed to you, you have to make it easy to get email to you. Any bounced email will be treated the same way i treat SPAM-- I delete it. Received on Sun May 31 1998 - 15:26:54 CEST

Original text of this message