Re: ON-LOGON trigger

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Sun, 31 May 1998 01:17:01 GMT

A copy of this was sent to "Dave S" <DS_at_nospam.com> (if that email address didn't require changing) On Sat, 30 May 1998 19:41:55 -0400, you wrote:

>Hello,
>
>Does anybody know of any command that can be issued from within an ON-LOGON
>trigger that would allow me to find out what userid was used to log on to a
>perticular computer?
>
>For instance, if someone's login was dsingh/<password>, I want to be able
>to find out that the userid for this person running this program is
>'dsingh'.
>
>Thank you for your assistance.
>
>Dave

declare

[Quoted]     the_logged_in_user varchar2(30) default USER; begin

end

or

    SELECT USER into the_logged_in_user FROM DUAL; ...

anywhere in your program will do it.

[Quoted] You can also use get_application_property() to get the information typed in upon logon.

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Government
Herndon VA

Anti-Anti Spam Msg: if you want an answer emailed to you, you have to make it easy to get email to you. Any bounced email will be treated the same way i treat SPAM-- I delete it. Received on Sun May 31 1998 - 03:17:01 CEST

Original text of this message