Re: ON-LOGON trigger

From: Dave S <DS_at_nospam.com>
Date: Sat, 30 May 1998 22:28:20 -0400

[Quoted] Hi Tom ! Nice to hear from you again.

I guess that I didn't make my message clear. I don't want to select the Oracle user (the user name once logged in "Myvar := user;"), I wanted to get the username that is used to log into the client.

For instance, our windows menuing program has gives you the ability to user '%name%' variable on the command line to launch an application. So we could do something like f50run32 <myform> %name%/<<some password>>_at_live.

What I am trying to do is to just run f50run32 <myform> on the command line. [Quoted] Then the on-insert trigger would find out the username (i.e. the %name% that was used on the command line) then do an autoconnect to the database with a password that would be imbeded into the form.

Any ideas???

Dave

Thomas Kyte wrote...