Re: Change (oracle)user password from within Forms4.5 or package

From: Maarten Scharroo <m.scharroo_at_elsevier.nl>
Date: Fri, 01 May 1998 13:30:11 +0200

Gert,

You should use the FORMS_DDL procedure to invoke the ALTER USER command.

example: FORMS_DDL('ALTER USER <user> IDENTIFIED BY <password>' );

I'm not sure you will be able to restricted the users you can change when granting the ALTER USER privilege to a certain user. Take care it is a powerfull privilege.

Maarten