Change (oracle)user password from within Forms4.5 or package

From: Gert van der Laan <G.van.der.Laan_at_fwn.rug.nl>
Date: Fri, 01 May 1998 09:20:45 +0200

[Quoted] For an application I'm going to build in Developer/2000 I need a 'master-user' (not the DBA) who can change the passwords of a limited group of users of the same system I am developing.

I gave the master-user the ALTER USER privilege so he can change user-passwords but is there a way to limit the group of user he/she can change. Then I want to change a user password from within a Forms 4.5 application or a package procedure. Neither of them will compile when I use the ALTER USER ... command.

Does anyone know how to overcome this problem?

Gert van der Laan
g.van.der.laan_at_fwn.rug.nl Received on Fri May 01 1998 - 09:20:45 CEST

Original text of this message