Question on Oracle Web Server

From: C.M. Low <cheemeng_at_asianconnect.com>
Date: Fri, 01 May 1998 14:20:47 +0800

Hi folks,

[Quoted] We are about to embark on a web forms application on Oracle Web App Server 3 using PL/SQL stored procedures (on Oracle 7.3) via the PL/SQL web cartridge. I have 2 questions:

    [Quoted]
  1. If the user clicks on Stop or Back button while the PL/SQL stored procedure is still executing, what will happen to the procedure? will it still run to completion, will it detect the Stop action as an exception (allowing for a graceful abort in the program), or will it be killed abruptly on the spot? [Quoted]
  2. If the stored procedure has a bug that results in an infinite loop, will the Web Server or Database Server terminate it after a while (based on some timeout value)? Is this timeout value configurable? Will such an errant procedure cause the entire web server (and/or database) and thus all other web applications to 'hang'?

Thanks in advance for any answers or advice,

Chee Meng Received on Fri May 01 1998 - 08:20:47 CEST

Original text of this message