Re: UTL_FILE problem

From: Jason Pepper <jason_at_steamer.u-net.com>
Date: 1998/04/02

[SNIP]
>>I think that the problem is the parameter utl_file_dir, In my
>>database this parameter is set to null.

set it as below

  1. utl_file_dir = c:\temp, d:\temp or /logs/appl, /tmp etc or
  2. utl_file_dir = *

Option 1 only alloes access to those directories, careful with the version of Oracle though in 7.3 (I think) you have to add a trailing slash to the end as well, but in 8.0.3 and 8.0.4 you don't need the ending slash.

Option 2 allows access to all directories (careful !)

>> I would like to know if is possible to use this package in Forms 4.5 and
>> create files in the unix server form the cliente NT workstation....

Yes, if you call utl_file it will write to the server. If you want to write to the client disk use the TEXT_IO package in Forms.

--
===
Jason Pepper  Phone Mail : +44 171 691 7298

   -- Smile, fresh air is good for the teeth --