Re: Can i pass a structure into a pl/sql procedure using ProC?

From: Daniel Clamage <dclamageNOSPAM_at_telerama.com>
Date: 1998/02/20

No, you can't pass a C struct in or a PL/SQL record out. You can list all the columns in the PL/SQL procedure parameter list; You can pass a REF CURSOR (in 7.3 and up) back to C; You can pass in a long string containing the concatenation of all columns, then parse them back out inside the PL/SQL procedure; You can use dynamic SQL to build an anonymous PL/SQL statement containing the PL/SQL procedure call which has all columns on the parameter list (a lot more work).

  • Dan Clamage P.S. Oracle is kicking the pants off of Sybase, for a lot of other good reasons. -djc -- T'was Brillig, And the slithy toves Did gyre and gimbol in the wabe; All mimsey were the borogroves, And the mome raths outgrabe.
  • Lewis Carroll

David M Rosner <drosner_at_dcn.att.com> wrote in article <34E0BF27.8C5DE49F_at_dcn.att.com>...