Can i pass a structure into a pl/sql procedure using ProC?

From: David M Rosner <drosner_at_dcn.att.com>
Date: 1998/02/10

I am writing a set of APIs that totally abstract the data access methods by accepting input and output structures. My apis execute a PL/SQL procedure (within a package) that opens/closes a cursor and then fetches a row. I continue to fetch until i get no more rows, all along populating the input structure.

how do i do this? i've seen the code to use embeded sql and C structures, but how do i pass a structure to a PL/SQL procedure? The manual says that Pl/SQl records can not be used in conjunction with C structures.

Is what i'm attempting possible? Why is Oracle so much more difficult to work with than sybase?

thanks for any help!

-dave m rosner Received on Tue Feb 10 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message