Re: Using CASE API to update Repository

From: Jeff Jacobs <jmjacobs_at_jeffreyjacobs.com>
Date: 1998/02/14

The API is very easy to use; it's understanding the metamodel and properties that may take time. (And of course you need to be able to use PL/SQL).

The various ODTUG conference proceedings contain papers on using the API. You can purchase these at http://www.illumine.com.

I believe that the Wendelken/Andersen "Designer/2000 Handbook" probably has the best coverage of using the API.

mbobak_at_umi.com wrote:

>I am looking for information and documentation on Oracle's CASE API for
>a project that I'm working on. Does anyone have good solid documentation on
>using the CASE API? I'm familiar with the limited information in the
>Designer/2000 online help system as well as the white paper on Oracle's web
>site. Also, I purchased a book on the Designer/2000 tool, (which I don't know
>the title of because it's not in front of me at the moment) which touched on
>the API briefly, but didn't really get into the heart of it.
>
>I guess I'm looking for a detailed explanation, step-by-step instructions, or
>a working, well documented example. If anyone has anything along those lines,
>I'd be very interested to hear from you...
>
>Thnaks,
>
>-Mark
>
>Mark J. Bobak
>Oracle Developer, UMI
>mbobak_at_umi.com

>http://www.dejanews.com/ Now offering spam-free web-based newsreading

-JJ

Visit our new website at http://www.jeffreyjacobs.com

 Jeffrey Jacobs & Associates
 Oracle Designer/2000 Consulting & Training  951-2 Old Country Road, Suite 119, Belmont, CA 94002  Voice: 650-571-1457, FAX: 800-665-1379
 Email: jmjacobs_at_ix.netcom.com
 Web: http://www.jeffreyjacobs.com

Don't miss ODTUG's Spring Conference, June 2-5, Palm Spring, CA. See http://www.odtug.com for more information! Received on Sat Feb 14 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message