LOVs & DROP DOWN Lists inf FORMS 4.5

From: Ed Jennings <jenningse_at_mindspring.com>
Date: 1998/02/12

[Quoted] [Quoted] I have an item on a canvas that I want to use as a drop-down list. But I don't want the values hard coded in the form. I want an LOV that queries a table at run-time to populate the list. The problem is that I can only get a true drop-down list if I hard-code the values. If I try to use an LOV, I have to then put a button next to the item with a WJEN-BUTTON-PRESSED trigger. But this brings up a whole new window to display the list. I don't want that. I just want the vanilla pull-down list, dynamically built. Can this be done? Or am I asking too much of FORMS?

TIA
Ed Jennings

--
jenningse_at_mindspring.com

"The opinions expressed here are my own, not those of DOMAIN
technologies"