Importing a file with a Dialogue Box?

From: Jason Nugent <ap958_at_chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: 1998/02/10

[Quoted]     Hi again, folks... sorry to bother you all with another question.

    Last week, you all gave me great advice regarding the input of an external text file into a form using the TEXT_IO package. Now, I am wondering if there is a way to give a user a dialogue box with a selection of potential input files (a la Windows 95 FileOpen dialogue box). When a file is selected, it is imported using TEXT_IO or SQL*Loader and populates the form.

    Is this possible? In Java, it is possible to populate a list with a directory listing using the java.io.file package, but I haven't been able to find something similar in Oracle yet.

                        Any help is appreciated!

                            Thanks,  Jason

--
Jason Nugent, BSc(Hons), CWM