Re: Accessing variables in Webserver 2.1.1

From: Erik L. Cohen <doublebass_at_pipeline.com>
Date: 1998/01/30

Marc Fleischeuers <Marc.Fleischeuers_at_kub.no-spam.nl> wrote:

>erik.l.cohen_at_cpmx.mail.saic.com writes:

>> Has anyone tried to get the following functions to work?
>>
>> /*******************************************************************/
>> /* Functions to obtain the Web client's authentication information */
>> /*******************************************************************/
>> function get_user_id return varchar2;
>> function get_password return varchar2;
>> function get_client_ip return owa_util.ip_address;
>> function get_client_hostname return varchar2;
>>
>> We are implementing custom authentication using Webserver 2.1.1 and
>> cannot get these variables. We call OWA_SEC thusly:
>>
>> ip_address owa_util.ip_address; (Declaration)
>>
>> ip_address := owa_sec.get_client_ip;
>> v_userid := owa_sec.get_user_id;
>> v_password := owa_sec.get_password;
>> v_hostname := owa_sec.get_client_hostname;
>>
>> When I run the script, I get a NO_DATA_FOUND exception.

>I have looked at this package; I thought it was meant to provide
>authentication in pl/sql but I could not get it to work properly
>(maybe it does work in OWA 3.0). The concept of userid and password
>are only valid for authenticated connections; you might want to check
>for HTTP environment variables directly (user :=
>owa_util.get_cgi_env('REMOTE_USER') etc). If you are serious about
>basic authentication with OWS 2.1 check out Thomas Kyte's owarepl
>module, at http://govt.us.oracle.com in the 'downloadable utilities'
>section.

>Marc

Marc:

I have downloaded Kyte's stuff and it looks very promising. However I am having a difficult time pushing it through politically (Oracle presents it but doesn't officially support it). You know the drill. I am now convinced that the functions do not work in WS 2.1. Maybe I'll have better luck when we upgrade. Thanks for the response. Regards, Erik. Received on Fri Jan 30 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message