Accessing variables in Webserver 2.1.1

From: <erik.l.cohen_at_cpmx.mail.saic.com>
Date: 1998/01/28

[Quoted] [Quoted] Has anyone tried to get the following functions to work?

     /*******************************************************************/
    /* Functions to obtain the Web client's authentication information */
   /*******************************************************************/
   function get_user_id         return varchar2;
   function get_password        return varchar2;
   function get_client_ip       return owa_util.ip_address;
   function get_client_hostname return varchar2;

We are implementing custom authentication using Webserver 2.1.1 and cannot get these variables. We call OWA_SEC thusly:

ip_address owa_util.ip_address; (Declaration)

   ip_address := owa_sec.get_client_ip;

   v_userid := owa_sec.get_user_id;
   v_password := owa_sec.get_password;
   v_hostname := owa_sec.get_client_hostname;

When I run the script, I get a NO_DATA_FOUND exception.

Any ideas?

TIA Erik Cohen
DBA
Systems Development Center