Re: Accessing variables in Webserver 2.1.1

From: Marc Fleischeuers <Marc.Fleischeuers_at_kub.no-spam.nl>
Date: 1998/01/29

erik.l.cohen_at_cpmx.mail.saic.com writes:

> Has anyone tried to get the following functions to work?
>
> /*******************************************************************/
> /* Functions to obtain the Web client's authentication information */
> /*******************************************************************/
> function get_user_id return varchar2;
> function get_password return varchar2;
> function get_client_ip return owa_util.ip_address;
> function get_client_hostname return varchar2;
>
> We are implementing custom authentication using Webserver 2.1.1 and
> cannot get these variables. We call OWA_SEC thusly:
>
> ip_address owa_util.ip_address; (Declaration)
>
> ip_address := owa_sec.get_client_ip;
> v_userid := owa_sec.get_user_id;
> v_password := owa_sec.get_password;
> v_hostname := owa_sec.get_client_hostname;
>
> When I run the script, I get a NO_DATA_FOUND exception.

[Quoted] I have looked at this package; I thought it was meant to provide authentication in pl/sql but I could not get it to work properly (maybe it does work in OWA 3.0). The concept of userid and password are only valid for authenticated connections; you might want to check for HTTP environment variables directly (user := owa_util.get_cgi_env('REMOTE_USER') etc). If you are serious about basic authentication with OWS 2.1 check out Thomas Kyte's owarepl module, at http://govt.us.oracle.com in the 'downloadable utilities' section.

Marc Received on Thu Jan 29 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message