Re: Web Forms with D2k 1.5

From: Dave Flynn <dflynn_at_fast.net>
Date: 1997/12/03

[Quoted] We are attempting the same thing with similar results. Not only does each user use 15MB or so of memory, but if the user terminates the application by closing their web browser (we have had most luck with IE4.0 surprisingly enough), they leave a "dead" session on our NT machine. And, if you want to deploy any reports on the web (.pdf or html format), you need a browser.  We have had, although not as many, inactive NT sessions with the Appletviewer as well.

[Quoted] OWS 3.0 handles cleanup on NT better than 2.1, but 3.0 is not certified to work with Forms (whatever that means). We are purchasing a web server with a large amount of physical memory, but I am worried that the inactive sessions may not release all of the memory that they take up when closed manually. Received on Wed Dec 03 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message