Re: Web Forms with D2k 1.5

From: <czetie_at_nospamus.oracle.com>
Date: 1997/12/03

marq_at_caramail.com wrote:

> We are planning to deploy to a large number of users an already
> existing Oracle Forms Application using Developer 2000 for the Web.
 [...]
> 1) The Appletviewer is sometimes unstable. (crashes, freeze, ...)
> 2) Netscape Communicator v4.03 with JDK 1.1 patch is always freezing
> 3) We made a charge testing with a small NT server, and it looks like each
> client connection is taking a lot of Memory (about 15MB)

With release 1.6 the Appletviewer continues to improve, in fact that will be the recommended config for ORacle Applications. Netscape Communicator should have a certified release "soon" (December?).

On NT, you should expect to see about 24Mb of overhead (OS, first user) then about 4 to 12Mb per user, depending on the size of the app. Something like Oracle Financials would be at the top end, i.e. a *very* large application. (On Solaris the numbers are typically better).

If you contact your local sales office, we have some white papers that provide detailed scalability figures. Received on Wed Dec 03 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message