Importing SAP metadata into Designer 2000

From: Andrew Marsh <we1782_at_wpl1.wei.org>
Date: 1997/10/15

As Data Administrator I want to pull together an enterprise data model (in Designer 2000) containing only the 50 or so most strategic entity types for the company. Some of these will be gathered from (I hope) the SAP repository (or "Reference Model" as they call it). What I am looking for is a means of extracting certain metadata from the SAP Reference Model and importing it to Oracle Designer 2000.

After making enquiries with the local SAP guys I have investigated:

  • The "Aris" toolset from IDS Scheer
  • "Livemodel" from Intellicorp both of these products are much more than I am looking for.
  • I have just read about the SAP "Open Repository Interface" API. If it comes to it we could probably use this to extract metadata from the Reference Model but I would prefer to use a packaged tool if at all possible.

Has anyone else come across this problem ? Any recommendations ?

--
Andrew Marsh