Re: Migrate LBMS to Des2K

From: Tim Hall <tim.hall_at_tswi.spambuster.com>
Date: 1997/08/22

Amin Adatia wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Is there a way to transfer LBMS definitions into Designer/2000 either using
> the API or an export/archive utility? I have about 170 Tables and 2000
> columns.

I have ported a repository from LBMS to Des2k, and I used the reverse-engineering tool in Des2k to load the schema created from LBMS. I then used the API to update this reverse-engineered data model to port over domains, descriptions etc.

I find the API call interface fairly straightforward to use, but it can be quite time-consuming.

Tim Hall, TSW International
http://www.tswi.com

Remove "spambuster" from email address before replying via Email. Received on Fri Aug 22 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message