Re: Yet another newbie trying to get D2k trial to work.

From: <JDug_at_voicenet.com>
Date: 1997/08/22

>If you evr find out let me know
>
>Robin Zimmermann wrote:
>>
>> Did the Designer and Developer install into C:\ORAWIN or C:\ORAWIN95?

That's what it did

Thanks for the information, it was indeed a problem of a 16-bit Forms trying to connect to the 32-bit PO7.

There's release notes under PO7win95\Win95\readme.doc which explains hooking up 16-bit apps. What you've got to do is run PO7win95\Windows\setup.exe which will install the Oracle Required Support Files. (which I thought I already did under Orainst.exe----????)

Anyway, it worked, I was able to connect from the Forms designer, as well as build the Forms demo tables (from the Start menus) and run the Forms demos (all as Scott/Tiger)

Hope this helps somebody out there.