Re: Methods for serving Oracle client files?

From: Mario van Essen <marvaes_at_hacom.nl>
Date: 1997/08/07

Koen,

Good suggestion... I tried it out and it worked fine the first time. I only needed SQLNet for this application, so I installed Oracle SQLNet on a Oracle clean client, tested it and theN:

- exported the registry settings at Software-Oracle;
- copied the whole Orawin95 directory;
- imported the registry settings;
- rebooted the whole thing...

and everything worked fine. It seems that Oracle puts no .dll anywhere than in its own Orawin95 directory.

Behalve of the fact that it works it is not the way to do software distribution through the network as I would like it to see (we have 1.200 network clients, mostly Windows NT 4.0). So I am still open for a better solution...

Mario