Re: Replication Manager

From: Vitaly Sikolenko <vsikolen_at_ru.oracle.com>
Date: 1997/08/08

Luis Santos wrote:

> On Thu, 17 Jul 1997 11:18:38 -0400, "Stephen A. Rodgers"
> <tony_at_prominenceconsulting.com> wrote:
>
> >I'm trying to put together a simple snapshot from one database on a
> >server to another database on a different server. I've had a lot of
> >various problems in the setup, and it seems to me that this is
> >unnecessarily complicated. I've set up snapshots in the past, but
 that
> >was before the advent of all the new packages and replication
 manager.
> >Now I'm having a host of problems trying to set up this simple
> snapshot.
>
> You're probably using the grouped snapshot option, which
> guarantee that all snapshots in the group will refreshed together.
>
> This is very good when you need to maintain referential
> constraints among several snapshots. But If you prefer you can create
> a single ungrouped snapshot. It's the old and good snapshot...
>
> If you are not finding these option you probably has not the
> newest Replication Manager version. The newest is (Am I right guys?)
> 1.35.

  I may add also that refresh groups sre supported in the Enterprise Manager main console, so you don't need to write all the procedures call manually.

--
Vitaly Sikolenko                  Senior Sales Consultant
                                  Server & Gateways

The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not
necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation.