Re: Execute a Shell script command from a stored procedure

From: David Oldroyd <oldroyd_at_xmission.com>
Date: 1997/07/29

bvdao <bvdao_at_ix.netcom.com> wrote in article <01bc9a0a$b48e33e0$ca41ddcf_at_tb257>...
> Hi:
>
> I have a stored procedure which creates a number of flat files on an UNIX
> platform. I need to be able to zip up all these files once the stored
> procedure is done creating these flat files. How can I do this? Is
 there
> a way that I can call a shell script from within my stored procedure?
 This
> store procedure is a background process which is scheduled to run at a
> specific time interval and I use DBMS_JOB to do this.
>
> Please help...Thank you

Check out oracles DBMS_PIPES package. We have used it sucessfully to do a number of things in a UNIX shell. If you need some more specific help contact me directly. Received on Tue Jul 29 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message