Execute a Shell script command from a stored procedure

From: bvdao <bvdao_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1997/07/26

Hi:

[Quoted] [Quoted] I have a stored procedure which creates a number of flat files on an UNIX platform. I need to be able to zip up all these files once the stored procedure is done creating these flat files. How can I do this? Is there a way that I can call a shell script from within my stored procedure? This [Quoted] store procedure is a background process which is scheduled to run at a specific time interval and I use DBMS_JOB to do this.

Please help...Thank you Received on Sat Jul 26 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message