Re: rescueing index

From: R.Schierbeek <bytelife_at_worldonline.nl>
Date: 1997/07/26

Raul Sanchez <rsanchez_at_lingocd.com> schreef in artikel <33D8EDA8.32DC_at_lingocd.com>...
> Hi,
>
> while loading in direct load state my index got locked after
> I kill the job. I killed the session by using the alter
> system utility. I managed to alter the system, but the index
> still remained in direct load state. How can I rescue the index
> without having to truncate or drop the table? Any ideas? Thanx
> in advance!

Hello Raul,

Just drop and recreate the index. In dba_ind_columns is the info on the indexed fields, in DBA_segments the storage size.

Good luck, Roelof

Roelof Schierbeek, DBA
The Hague, Holland
email: bytelife_at_worldonline.nl http://www.worldonline.nl/~bytelife Received on Sat Jul 26 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST