Oracle forms over 64kbps WAN???

From: Ian Jones <dba_at_pixar.com>
Date: 1997/07/26

Hi,

Is anyone currently running either SQL*Forms 3 or Oracle forms 45 in a client/server configuration over a 64kpbs WAN? (I.e. with the client at one end of the WAN and the database at the other, not running telnet or anything like that).

We are trying to establish the feasibility of such a setup and it ain't looking good, particularly when requesting LOV's or 'large screens'.

If it is decided that the client/server configuration requires LAN speeds then I have the mother of all replication problems so any feedback would be gratefully recieved!

Thanks

Ian Received on Sat Jul 26 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message