Help with OLE2 object in Forms

From: Dr. John B. Matthews <jmatthews_at_nova.wright.edu>
Date: 1997/07/08

Hi!

I'm trying to use one of the Common Dialog (comdlg32.ocx) controls on a form under Dev2K 1.4W and Windows 95 (v4.00.950B). I've cleaned my registry. I've checked that all the required DLLs are available. I've installed the the control using "regsvr32 comdlg32.ocx" at the DOS prompt, and the control shows up in regedit. I've created a new OLE object as described in the relevant white paper from Oracle (ie. my OLE object in not the first navigable item in the block). I right click on the object to insert the control, and Common Dislogs appears in the list; but when I say OK, the object is not inserted. At runtime, attempting to get a handle to the object fails, saying that the object does not exist.

The frustrating thing is that the the whole thing works just fine on another machine running Windows 95 (v4.00.950A).

Any clues why comdlg32.ocx would be accessible on one machine and not the other?

Email or post is good; thanks in advance,

John

John B. Matthews, M.D.
jmatthews_at_nova.wright.edu; john_matthews_at_ccmail.dayton.saic.com "Whom the gods would destroy, they first invite to program in C" Received on Tue Jul 08 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message