Embedded SQL in C

From: Aleem Rajpar <aleem_at_vnet.ibm.com>
Date: 1997/07/08

Initially posed to Oracle 30-day Free Support for folks that download Personal Oracle 7 for Windows NT ... the support folks could not answer the below questions as they apparently deal more with installation/startup
[Quoted] type questions, so I'm hoping someone here can help ... thanks.

  • - - - - Hi! Having just downloaded/installed PO7 for WinNT, I've got a quick question on writing Embedded SQL applications using C ...during the installation, I chose the Application Developer (complete) option since I do want to write applications and need more than just the runtime.
Do I need anything else on top on just PO7/NT if I want to
write Embedded SQL applications in C?  If so, are these products
also available for free download as PO7/NT was?

The 'Pro*C/C++ Getting Started for Windows Platform' manual states
that I need to have 'Pro*C/C++' installed ... this may answer the above questions, but is Pro*C/C++ avail for free download? If not, is there
any way that I can write embedded SQL apps in C without purchasing
any software (ie trial only)?

Assuming we can get beyond this, I'll be using the 'IBM VisualAge C/C++'
[Quoted] compiler ... I saw reference to the Microsoft Visual C/C++ and
Borland C++ compiler in the doc, but do you support the IBM VisualAge
C/C++ compiler?

- - - -
-