Re: oracle entreprise and oracle software manager

From: Thomas Vanya <twvanya_at_eastman.com>
Date: 1997/06/19

The "Failed to authenticate user" message is very familiar. I fought with that one for a couple of days until I realized that you must have the proper user account defined locally on the NT machine. It is not good enough to have the account at the NT domain level. When using the User Manager tool on the NT box, be sure to set your domain to the machine on which you are wanting to set up the account and not to the domain. Ex. \\MACHINE
I have not yet used Software Manager but this solved my "Failed to authenticate" problem.

--
Thomas W. Vanya
Oracle and OracleRdb Database Administrator

Claudia <claudia.mueller_at_quark.de> wrote in article
<5no9on$7n6$1_at_quovadis1.quark.de>...