Re: PL/SQL Agent + Dynamic HTML Form Elements...

From: Rashid KArimov <rashid_at_IDT.NET>
Date: 1997/06/15

    I think that if you'd try to use the very same var     a few times in a HTMl form, the OWS will try     to present it via an array when looking up     a stored procedure for it and if it is not available     then the procedure that takes a scalar parameter     with the same name will be invoked, in which case     I don't know what value will be given to it, most     probably the first one .

    So, write a proc that will take an owa_util.**something_array**     as a parameter, then you should be able to use the same var     in a HTML form ( any mix will do: formtext, radio, select list)     as many times as you want ( assuming it will be less than 32K times ?)

    There is an example that comes with OWS (2|3).x that deals with     multiple-value select list, tale alook at it.

    Rashid.

Jonathan E. Halter <jhalter_at_iocenter.net> wrote:
: Hopefully someone out there can shed a little light on my situation:
: OK, I have 2 tables

: employee phone
: ----------- ------------
: emp_id_pk phone_id_pk
: f_name phone_num
: l_name phone_type
: address emp_id_fk
: ...etc

: So one employee can have many phone numbers. When an employee is chosen, I
: display this information on the screen, the employee+address, and the
: phone numbers listed below, all nicely formatted. i have a update button
: that takes all of the information and populates textboxes in another html
: form, for updating. Now, here's the problem:

: since the number of phone numbers are not known upon loading, the number
: of phone textboxes are not known. How can i name the textboxes
: accordingly, so that my update procedure will be able to update all phone
: numbers?

: It seems the variables in the pl/sql code need to be named the same as the
: html form elements. If the number of elements on a form are variable, how
: does the pl/sql handle this?

: -jonathan e. halter
: web application developer
: email: jhalter_at_iocenter.net