PL/SQL Agent + Dynamic HTML Form Elements...

From: Jonathan E. Halter <jhalter_at_iocenter.net>
Date: 1997/06/13

[Quoted] Hopefully someone out there can shed a little light on my situation: OK, I have 2 tables

employee          phone

----------- ------------
[Quoted] emp_id_pk phone_id_pk f_name phone_num l_name phone_type address emp_id_fk

 ...etc

[Quoted] So one employee can have many phone numbers. When an employee is chosen, I display this information on the screen, the employee+address, and the phone numbers listed below, all nicely formatted. i have a update button that takes all of the information and populates textboxes in another html form, for updating. Now, here's the problem:

[Quoted] since the number of phone numbers are not known upon loading, the number of phone textboxes are not known. How can i name the textboxes accordingly, so that my update procedure will be able to update all phone numbers?

[Quoted] It seems the variables in the pl/sql code need to be named the same as the html form elements. If the number of elements on a form are variable, how does the pl/sql handle this?

-jonathan e. halter

 web application developer
[Quoted]  email: jhalter_at_iocenter.net
 http://www.iocenter.net

      http://www.dejanews.com/ Search, Read, Post to Usenet Received on Fri Jun 13 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message