forms40 question about the HOST function

From: David Hersh <dhersh_at_micom.com>
Date: 1997/06/09

[Quoted] [Quoted] I'm developing a application in forms 4.0. My boss wants to migrate more to the client sever windows versions of the tools however here is my problem. I have a trigger in the current version of the application that uses the HOST function to call a awk script that creates another script to run a reporting tool we have called QUIZ. QUIZ is a cognos product that was used heavily in the HP3000 MPE world with applications like MANMAN. As far as I know there isn't a client server version of [Quoted] QUIZ, so if I use the same trigger using the same HOST function, I'm pretty sure It won't work. Is there anyway to specify wich specific machine/operating system to execute the host command from?

[Quoted] my email address is dhersh_at_micom.com

Thanks in advance Received on Mon Jun 09 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message