Re: forms40 question about the HOST function

From: John Strange <jstrange_at_imtn.dsccc.com>
Date: 1997/06/10

Put you host command in a table indexed by machine/os type. or
modify the called script to decide what to do based on machine/os type.

David Hersh (dhersh_at_micom.com) wrote:
: I'm developing a application in forms 4.0. My boss wants to migrate
: more to the client sever windows versions of the tools however here is
: my problem. I have a trigger in the current version of the application
: that uses the HOST function to call a awk script that creates another
: script to run a reporting tool we have called QUIZ. QUIZ is a cognos
: product that was used heavily in the HP3000 MPE world with applications
: like MANMAN. As far as I know there isn't a client server version of
: QUIZ, so if I use the same trigger using the same HOST function, I'm
: pretty sure It won't work. Is there anyway to specify wich specific
: machine/operating system to execute the host command from?

: my email address is dhersh_at_micom.com

: Thanks in advance

--
This posting represents the personal opinions of the author. It is not the
official opinion or policy of the author's employer. Warranty expired when you