Re: Does anyone know a safe way to export > compress a the same time ?

From: Chuck Hamilton <chuckh_at_dvol.com>
Date: 1997/06/06

"R.Schierbeek" <bytelife_at_worldonline.nl> wrote:

>Hello everybody,
>We are trying to compress online (Oracle 7.2 on HP-UX 10.10)
>because we have some owners that can grow to > 2Gbyte export files.
>Perhaps this is possible using named pipes, however the question
>is if this export is reliable ?
>
>Anyone know a better method? Any experiences are welcome.

Names pipes work well. In fact I have a set of scripts that I use to wrap around the imp and exp utilities that handle the piping and compressing automatically. If you're interested let me know and I'll email them to you.

--
Chuck Hamilton
chuckh_at_dvol.com

This message delivered by electronic sled dogs. WOOF!