Re: Does anyone know a safe way to export > compress a the same time ?

From: Steve Moreland <smoreland_at_lanvision.com>
Date: 1997/06/12

R.Schierbeek wrote:

> Hello everybody,
> We are trying to compress online (Oracle 7.2 on HP-UX 10.10)
> because we have some owners that can grow to > 2Gbyte export files.
> Perhaps this is possible using named pipes, however the question
> is if this export is reliable ?
>
> Anyone know a better method? Any experiences are welcome.

Oracle support used to have a script which we bashed and used on NCR/AT&T. The strategy is to export to a FIFO special file and thence to compress.

I still have hardcopy of the original FAX from Oracle suport if they won't give it to you. If you're local to Cincinnati, email me at smoreland_at_lanvision.com, and I'll fax you a copy. Otherwise, send an SASE to:

Steve Moreland
LanVision
One Financial Way #400
Cincinnati, OH 45242.

HTH Received on Thu Jun 12 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message