Can't establish connection from NT

From: Noah Sutherland <noahs_at_osi-hq.com>
Date: 1997/06/06

I'm trying to connect to an Oracle database using the SQL*Net and ODBC Test utilities. They work fine from one of my machines (that happens to be running Win95), but I'm not getting anything from another machine (running WinNT 4.0).

SQL*Net tells me it can't resolve the service name

ODBC gives me these three errors in a row:

1 - SQLSTATE: 08003
    Driver Message: Connection not open

2 - SQLSTATE: 01000
    Driver Message: The driver returned SQL_DRIVER_ODBC_VER: %s

3 - ORA-12154: TNS: Could not resolve service name.

This is really bizarre because I have made sure that all of my ODBC and TNS settings are the same between the two machines.

Does anyone have a clue what could be causing this problem? Received on Fri Jun 06 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message