HELP on master-detail autoquery

From: Odd Magne Haagensen <omh_at_hinux.hin.no>
Date: 1997/06/06

I have a simple database with two tables, connected with a simple one-to-many relation.

The "master-table" in this relation contains a column defined as LONG RAW with the purpose of containing an image. This image shall be displayed in an Oracle Forms (4.5) application. For later use, I refer to this table as FIRST.

From the "detail-table" in the relation above, I create a third table which contains three columns. For later use, I will name this table RESULT. One of the columns is the one containing the foreign key to the table FIRST.

NOW to the problem.

In Oracle Forms, I create two blocks. First a master block based on the RESULT table. Then a detail block based on the table FIRST described earlier, setting the relation between the two blocks as follows:

FIRST.primary_key = RESULT.foreign_key

The problem is that the master-detail relation does not seem to work in Oracle Forms. When I execute a query, the detail-block doesn't populate as supposed.

So the question is: Has anyone a suggestion on what to do in order to make the application work?

Odd Magne Haagensen (omh_at_hinux.hin.no) Fiolstien 3B 8500 NARVIK, NORWAY Studying computer science at Phone: 76 94 68 04 Narvik College of Engineering