Forms45 pl/sql editor search problem

From: Steve Cosner <stevec_at_zimmer.csufresno.edu>
Date: 1997/05/29

I have been experimenting with the Developer 2000 version 1.3.2 releases (both 16 bit and 32 bit) of the Forms45 Designer.

In both versions, there are some serious search/replace problems with the pl/sql editor.

In the 16-bit version (Forms 4.5.7.1.2), after you search and find a text string in a program unit, the string is highlighted. When you click the Search button again, it will not move off the currently found string and on to the next one. You have to use an arrow key to move the cursor, or click on text somewhere after the located string before you can click the Search button again.

In the 32-bit version (Forms 4.5.7.1.6), it does not have the above problem. However, if you user upper and lower case in you pl/sql, it won't find all occurrences of the search string. Just try putting lots of versions of the same 3-character text on the same line, mixing upper and lower case, and putting different characters before and after the string. Then search for you string. This may occur on all upper or all lower case text too, depending on what characters precede or follow the string--I'm not sure. Fortunately, I fount that by clicking the "Regular Expression" box, the search works properly.

As with the color palette problem I reported earlier, I hope someone will report this to Oracle, or at least see if they don't already know about it.

And I wonder if they will EVER get the global search to churn through all triggers and program units without our having to click the Continue button a zillion times.

Regards,
Steve Cosner