Forms45 - Problem with colors

From: Steve Cosner <stevec_at_zimmer.csufresno.edu>
Date: 1997/05/27

[Quoted] [Quoted] When I use a Windows platform that is running at 256 colors (instead [Quoted] of 64K colors), there is a problem setting the background colors on text items and display items. These always revert back to one of the 16 colors at the top left area of the color pallette. Even the grays only use black, white, light gray or dark gray.

I find it really odd that the canvas and boilerplate can use all 228 of the color settings while the items cannot. This can't be a limitation of the Windows platform's 256-color scheme since boilerplate works ok.

When you change to a 64k-color display, then all the colors work properly. Changing back to the limited display causes a screen to look really bad. The QA form I've made available shows gray column headings and screen titles because of this problem.

[Quoted] Does anyone know: Is this an Oracle bug, and does Oracle know about it? Is there something wrong with the default.pal color pallette file that comes with Developer 2000? Is there a remedy for the problem?

[Quoted] I would really appreciate hearing from anyone who might know anything about this problem.

Thanks to all,
Steve Cosner
QA dynamic utility form at: http://members.aol.com/stevec5088