Newbie Q - Report Writing tools

From: Fred J. Leskowitz <fred_at_eh.micropat.com>
Date: 1997/05/13

Greetings!

[Quoted] We are using Oracle 7.1.3 on NT 3.51 server. We have PowerBuilder, and SQL*Plus.

I need to find a report-writing tool which might allow me to specify the SQL and then design groupings, calculated fields, etc.

[Quoted] The main feature needed, however, is the ability to produce the report as a simple ASCII text file, to be emailed to a variety of email systems (hence the need for plain text file output). PowerBuilder's facilities for this are not acceptable (a datawindow SaveAs of grouped data gives you only the detail lines, and FileWrite() is too low level).

Any suggestions, appreciated.

  • Fred
--
Fred J. Leskowitz      <fred_at_micropat.com>   Voice: +1.203.466.5055
Asst. VP Operations                           Fax:   +1.203.466.5054