Re: Reports 2.5 Master Detail Problem

From: Kris Kuhl <kkuhl_at_nswc.navy.mil>
Date: 1997/04/25

Steve,
In Object Navigator, expand the Layout node by clicking on it's (+). Then expand the Layout Body the same way. This will show you all your frames and field hierarchies. Select frames in the Object Navigator and then click on the Layout Editor header to make that the active window (don't click within the layout editor because that would deselect the frame you just selected in the Object Navigator). Using the Object Navigator is helpful so you know you have the intended frame selected. It's difficult to distinguish between frames in the Layout Editor. Change the frame's fill color. Do different fill colors for all frames and fields in question and you will see when one frame is overlapping another.

REP-1213 Field <> references column <> at a frequency below its group.

This error occurs when a field has been put in a layer somewhere behind it's group's repeating frame. This could have unintentionally happened when you were moving fields around.

Say you have 2 groups: G_MASTER and G_DETAIL and G_DETAIL

The frame for G_MASTER should be BEHIND the frame for G_DETAIL. You will see this layering when you fill color the frames. Fill color the field in question as well. You will should see that the field does not show up on top of it's repeating frame as it should. To move it to the proper layer, use the ARRANGE option and use Bring Forward until you see the field(s) on top of their group frame.

Hope this helps,
Kris Kuhl

In article <335F81A4.470A_at_mitchells.demon.co.uk>, steve_at_mitchells.demon.co.uk says...