Reports 2.5 Master Detail Problem

From: Steve Mitchell <steve_at_mitchells.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1997/04/24

[Quoted] I would like to produce a Master-Detail report where each master record can have one detail record from one and only one of four detail tables.

On the page layout the master record occupies the top third of the page, and the subsequent detail record will occupy the remaining page.

I put each detail frame one below the other, expected reports to collapse the frames that were not relevant to the master record and show the relevant detail frame below the master.

This failed because the detail frames collectively are larger the page boundary, and reports fails to run with:

         REP-1212 Object <  > is not fully enclosed by its
                  enclosing body.

I then stacked the detail frames on top of each other (creates a real mess in the layout editor). Reports complains with the following messages:

         REP-1305 Warning frame <  > intersects but does not
                  enclose object <  >.

         REP-1213 Field <  > references column <  > at a frequency
                  below its group.

I would be grateful for any help on how to overcome this problem.

Reports 2.5.5.2.7
Server 7.2.3
Client NT 3.51

Steve Received on Thu Apr 24 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message