Re: Cascade update

From: Rona Crystal <r#as#crystal_at_d#as#ri.mc#as#graw-hill.com>
Date: 1997/04/25

In article <335f32f3.314195_at_news.pacific.net.sg>, ee-ket.tang_at_dbsp.stems.com says...

>Hi!
>
>I know that Oracle allows cascade delete, but what about cascade
>update ?

No cascade update. The usual recommendation is to implement it using database triggers, but that often causes a mutating table error. The April 1997 issue of Oreview Magazine has an interesting article called "Implementing Cascade Update Functionality" by Paul Dalberth. You can find it on the web at http://www.oreview.com.

Rona Crystal

--
Note: My email address has been modified to discourage unsolicited
commercial and offensive email that is sent by bulk mailers.  To