Table / Index Size Formula

From: Ed Jennings <jenningse_at_mindspring.com>
Date: 1997/04/24

[Quoted] [Quoted] I built an excel spreadsheet to calculate table/indexes sizes based on the information in the Oracle 7.1 SA guide. When I run existing tables through this spreadsheet, the figures always seem to end up about 25% on the high side. I triple checked the formulas, and they are exactly as outlined in the guide. Does anyone know if this is a growth factor built in to the formulas. I'd be very interested in formulas anyone else has come up with. In the very near future I will be calculating nearly 1000 tables and associated indexes. I'd very much like a more accurate formula.

Ed

--
jenningse_at_mindspring.com