OCI gets a wrong rows number from "select upper(col) from..."

From: Marcelo Collao Huper (Trabajo) <"Marcelo>
Date: 1997/04/24

Hello.

I execute a procedure into a package with Oracle Call Interface. The procedure returns an array argument.
When the argument is a column generated by "select column from table", the rows number is right. When the column is generated by "select upper(column) from table", the rows number is wrong (the last row is an empty one). Why does OCI get a wrong rows number when i use the upper function?

The code is:

TYPE AfpNombre_arr IS TABLE OF Varchar2(30) INDEX BY BINARY_INTEGER; Create or Replace Package Body SvcAfpTod_Pkg As Procedure SvcAfpTod(Col_AfpNombre Out AfpNombre_arr) As ...

Cursor afptod_Cursor Is

        Select upper(AfpNombre)
        From TabAfp;

--o--
SQL> descr TabAfp;
 Name                            Null?    Type
 ------------------------------- -------- ----
 AFPNOMBRE                                CHAR(30)

I'm executing from Visual Basic 3.0 (Windows 95) using a dinamyc link library built with Oracle Call Interface 7.2 SQL Net 2.0.15.0.3
SQL Net TCP/IP 1.1.7.10.4
Oracle TCP/IP Adapter 2.0.15.0.4
Oracle7 Server Release 7.2.2.4.0 - Production Release With the distributed option
PL/SQL Release 2.2.2.3.0 - Production
on IBM AIX 4.1

Thank you.

--
Marcelo Collao Huper | Miraflores 388, Santiago de Chile.
ORDEN S. A.          | e-mail  : mailto:mcollao_at_orden.cl