Re: Questions about Oracle Forms 4.5

From: Jacob Love <jlove_at_engin.umich.edu>
Date: 1997/04/20

In article <5j18hr$sac_at_gossamer.itmel.bhp.com.au>, Lee Levy <levy.lee.ls_at_bhp.com.au> wrote:
>I assume what you mean is the label that appears with the items on
>the canvas?
>if so, then it isnt really associated with the item - the new block
>fields are just a handy way of entering the label for the item.
>You can enter text anywhere on the canvas by using the canvas layout
>editor - umm, the toolbar to the left of the canvas has a T for text
>Press it, click on the canvas and start typing

Readers may be interested to know that one of the "ten best new features" (imo) of Developer 2000 v2 (Forms 5?) is a new treatment of labels. They will now have more "object" properties which will allow you to specify that a label should be (for example) centered and flush against the top of the text item. It may not seem like much, but when you spend as much time as my development team futzing with the alignment and sizing functions, it will be gratefully received.

--
Jack F. Love