Re: SYS.DBMS_OUTPUT buffer overflow... Limited to 2000 bytes of output.(?)

From: L120bj <l120bj_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/04/13

You have two options:-
i) specify the size of the buffer in the set serveroutput on statement eg
set serveroutput on size 8000
ii) use dbms_output.enable() , with the parameter passed being the buffer size in bytes.

However, regardless of which method you use, the maximum size of the buffer is 1m bytes.

Hope this helps
Rob

Subject: SYS.DBMS_OUTPUT buffer overflow... Limited to 2000 bytes of output.(?)
From: reichmanm_at_rl.af.mil (Mark S Reichman) Date: 10 Apr 1997 12:31:50 GMT

Alright.... So what magic code do I need to extend, flush, or create a new buffer. My PL/SQL program works fine except that it is evidently buffering the ouput before displaying on the screen or to a file. I am using
[Quoted] SYS.DBMS_OUTPUT for the first time and am quite surprised to find this out.
[Quoted] [Quoted] The buffer is evidently defined not to exceed 2000 bytes and is full. [Quoted] I will need at least 4 times this much space to complete the prog. I find it hard to believe that you can only output 2000 bytes in a PL/SQL procedure. The error is below...

DECLARE
 *
ERROR at line 1:

ORA-20000: ORU-10027: buffer overflow, limit of 2000 bytes
ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_OUTPUT", line 100
ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_OUTPUT", line 59
ORA-06512: at line 81