Re: SYS.DBMS_OUTPUT buffer overflow... Limited to 2000 bytes of output.(?)

From: Andreas Polke <APolke_at_compuserve.com>
Date: 1997/04/14

Mark S Reichman <reichmanm_at_rl.af.mil> wrote in article <5iimjm$m5a_at_news.rl.af.mil>...
> Alright.... So what magic code do I need to extend, flush, or create a
> new buffer. My PL/SQL program works fine except that it is evidently
> buffering the ouput before displaying on the screen or to a file. I am
 using
> SYS.DBMS_OUTPUT for the first time and am quite surprised to find this
 out.
> The buffer is evidently defined not to exceed 2000 bytes and is full.
> I will need at least 4 times this much space to complete the prog.
> I find it hard to believe that you can only output 2000 bytes in
> a PL/SQL procedure.

The call to DBMS_OUTPUT.ENABLE(buffersize) will set the desired buffersize for subsequent calls to DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE.

Andreas Polke
Adtranz Signal GmbH
Germany Received on Mon Apr 14 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message