Re: PowerBuilder 5.0 & VB 4.0 LAB EVALUATION for $295 (http://www.strategicfocus.com)

From: Arun Shastry <ashastry_at_ma.ultranet.com>
Date: 1997/03/01

[Quoted] In article <5f7rf2$fd_at_mtinsc05.worldnet.att.net>,

   Amiano_at_worldnet.att.netZ (John M. Miano) wrote:
>In article <33174FA3.6EA_at_strategicfocus.com>, jprakash_at_strategicfocus.com
 wrote:
>>This posting is just to inform you guys that we have a special promotion
>>underway till March 31st, 1997. We are giving away two C/S tool
>>evaluation reports --- PowerBuilder 5.0 and Visual Basic 4.0 for the
>>low, low price of only $295 per report. This represents a savings of
>>70% over our regular price of $995 per evaluation. For your
>>convenience, we now take VISA and MasterCard and you can order the
>>reports on-line.
>
>VB - Slow, inflexible, unsuited for professional development.
>PB - All the above but slower.

[Quoted] I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with you as far as PB goes. What about PB you think is slower ? DataWindows are certainly a performance plus, 5.0 has distributed objects, database connectivity cannot be simpler elsewhere. There's got to be some reason why major VB, VC++ shops around here are switching to PB 5.0.